16 September 2008

Letter 3.36

In Thailand, I've noticed, dust pans have long handles on them (unlike in the States) so that one doesn't have to bend down when sweeping up the dust. The brooms, however, all seem to have short handles on them (unlike in the States) so that one does, after all, have to bend down when sweeping up the dust (just like in the States).

The Immigration Department no doubt sees the wisdom of it all, for they have said that they will consider my application for an extended visa and to report back to them in 30 days. In the meantime they committed me to a firm address (even a P.O. box wouldn't do, which, in any case, costs and doesn't leave much leg room). That'll be the hermitage in Kaeng Pan Dow, a place that pleases me, and since I expect someone will be checking up on me (though they haven't yet, not that I know of), it's probably a good place to be.

No comments: